Gilbert Arizona Air Conditioning Heat Pump Service & Repair, AZApril 30, 2019
For timely and effective detection and elimination of malfunctions of heat pumps, it is necessary to carry out heat pump service in AZ with a set frequency and, if there are deviations, equipment diagnostics to detect these malfunctions. The diagnoses of the technical state of the heat pump are performed during the heat pump service in AZ by measuring specific ac services system performance indicators.
A heat pump combines a heating boiler, a source of hot water, and an air conditioner. The main difference from all other heat sources is the exceptional ability to use renewable low-temperature environmental energy for heating and water heating. There are several sources of heat for heat pumps.
How does a heat pump work?
One of the causes is the earth’s interior – it is an entirely free heat source that maintains the same temperature all year round. Using the heat of the earth’s interior is a reliable and uninterrupted technology for providing heat and hot water to all types of buildings, large and small, public and private.
The advantages and disadvantages relate to systems where the source of heat is water. The heat transfer hose is placed on the bottom or in the bottom of the reservoir where the temperature is still slightly higher than the temperature of the water.
It is essential that the hose is supplied with a weight to prevent the tube from floating on the surface. The lower it is, the less risk of damage. The water source as a heat source is very efficient, and the heat conversion coefficient, in this case, can reach a value of 4, for example, if the heat exchanger uses thermal discharges of the dwelling itself or the enterprise for heating and hot water supply.
In addition to the above sources, the heat pump can use ordinary air, as well as ventilation emissions and flue gases. This system is straightforward and inexpensive. The example of such a system is an air conditioner with heat pump function. But its ability to efficiently extract heat is limited to + 5 ° C outside air. More low-temperature models have more expensive compressor units operating in a wide temperature range.
The most “advanced” of them work up to -25ºС ambient air.
The only drawback of such systems is the necessary equipment with a backup heater or boiler, the function of which is to intercept the heating during peak temperatures. But the most important thing is that heat pumps are most effective in heating systems with low-temperature characteristics, for example, in floor heating systems or systems using fan coil units. The use of fan coil units allows not only to realize the low-temperature potential of heat pumps but also provides premises with air-conditioning during the summer period.
A set of equipment consisting of a heat pump and a fan coil system combines a heating system, an air conditioning system and a hot water system. Such material allows reducing not only capital investments and saving space, but also saving money due to energy consumption and maintenance of one system instead of three.
The principle of operation of the heat pump:
- A cooled coolant, passing through an external pipeline heats up by several degrees.
- Inside the heat pump, the heat transfer fluid, passing through a heat exchanger, called an evaporator, transfers the heat collected from the environment to the internal circuit of the heat pump. The internal circuit of the heat pump is filled with refrigerant. The refrigerant, having a shallow boiling point, passing through the evaporator, is converted from a liquid to a gaseous state. It occurs at low pressure and a temperature of -5 ° C.
- From the evaporator, the gaseous refrigerant enters the compressor, where it is compressed to high pressure and high temperature.
- Next, the hot gas enters the second heat exchanger, a condenser. In the capacitor, heat is exchanged between the hot gas and the coolant from the return pipe of the house heating system. The refrigerant transfers its heat to the heating system, cools and goes back to a liquid state, and the heated coolant of the heating system goes to the heating devices.
- With the passage of the refrigerant through the pressure reducing valve, the pressure decreases, the refrigerant enters the evaporator, and the cycle repeats.
Heat pump diagnostics
When troubleshooting, it is necessary to measure and keep records of changes in several parameters on the working unit. It is also essential to use heat pump service in AZ.
So, the following parameters are subject to permanent registration:
- the temperature inside the object
- ambient temperature
- suction pressure
- discharge pressure
- superheat of steam at the exit from the evaporator
- AC compressor supply current
To clarify faults and more accurate localization of the problem, data on changes in the following parameters may be required:
- pressure drops on refrigerant filters
- fan working currents
- evaporator inlet temperature
- evaporator inlet pressure
- parameters of oil in the crankcase of the compressor (level, temperature, state of aggregation (liquefaction))
Heat pump repair
Heat pump service in AZ inherently no different from repairing a chiller. The most common types of work in the restoration of heat pumps are as follows:
- Elimination of leaks and refilling with freon is the most simple heat pump service in AZ options. In this case, the leak detector determines the leakage location, seals this area, and, finally, refills the system with a refrigerant.
- Replacement of thawed heat exchangers – their soldering. The main thing here is to find all the necessary components quickly.
- Replacement of the compressor. It is the most expensive and unpleasant case.
Possible faults in heat pumps
As an example, consider two types of errors in a heat pump and the possible causes for their occurrence:
High evaporation pressure
- failure of compressor suction valves
- seizure TRV in open position
- high-performance expansion valve
- high system load
- overestimated evaporator surface
- low power compressor
High condensing pressure
- closed discharge valve
- the condenser is not cooled
- condenser dirty
- the excess refrigerant in the system Presence of non-condensable gases in the system.
- insufficient condenser surface
As is known, any equipment needs proper care and has a maximum service life. If we are talking about heat pumps of economy class, you can count on 6-7 years of operation. Business-class heat pumps have a longer ac services life, but it often does not exceed ten years. In this case, take into account not only the initial “safety margin” of the equipment but also the principles of its use. Improper heat pump service in AZ is often the cause of its premature failure. And if the breakdown has already happened and you need to repair the heat pump, try to contact the professionals of heat pump service in AZ. That is why we advise you to use the help of the AC service.